Monday, January 30, 2012

Handmade Birthday "Card"





Rather than buy Le Foo a birthday card this year, I decided to make her one.  I got out all of my scrapbook scraps and started digging and thinking.  I came across a mini scrapbook that I had bought on clearance years ago for the stickers that came along with it.  Using stickers I had in my collection, along with scrap paper and parts of cards that I saved, I created a nice little birthday "book" for Le Foo.  I left one page blank, next to a photo I took earlier in the day, so she could draw a self-portrait of her 5-year-old self.  The end result was a nice little keepsake.  It's something she will hold onto, rather than recycle it in two weeks time.


She hasn't seen it yet, but since her fascination with little things far surpasses mine, I'm assuming she is going to be just thrilled.  I will update with self-portrait picture as soon as she completes it.






2 comments:

Sara said...

i cant wait to "actually" see this. beautiful!!

ma said...

It's amazing how Le Foo wants it read to her over and over again. She loves the pictures as well. The book is not only beautiful to look at but the words are awesome!